Trimming beard and thick stubble is essential for every men out there. But, to look for the best beard trimmer, that is a headache with so many options available. In today review, we are going to discuss about Norelco Beard Trimmer and how to choose the best one. If you are a fan of them, then you will know that Norelco are known for their high quality with great prices.
There are some other big brands with great products as well such as Philips, Panasonic and much more. However, in today article, we are only going to talk about Norelco and will be discussing about other brands in other posts. Below, we have reviewed some of the better beard trimmer from Norelco so that you will know what to look when if you want to buy.
Before we begin, there are some features which I would like you to keep a look out for and they are:
- Power – You will be able to achieve more shave with 1 pass
- Price – I would suggest to go for 1 that is well within your budget and can perform well
- Battery Life – A long battery life with quick recharge can allows for multiple use.
- Maintenance – Go for an unit that is easy to clean and maintain. You do not want to spend a few hours just to clean your trimmer right?
Now that you have know some of the things that you should look out for, let’s now proceed to look at the top 10 Norelco Beard Trimmer. Kindly note that they are not ranked in particular order.
Philips Norelco Beard Trimmer 9100 (Model #BT9285/41)
This 9100 beard trimmer is the world’s first built-in laser guide. The laser guide allows you to experience the ultimate control to create the exact look that you want. This dual-sided trimmer comes with 17 length settings for precision which has the ability to get the exact beard length as well as stubble that you need, isn’t it great? Besides the wider end for perfect straight lines on your sideburns and neck, there is also a narrow end to style harder to reach areas such as your nose and mouth.
With the rechargeable battery and an hour of charging, you will be able to use up to 1 hour of shaving. The fully washable design together with the self-sharpening blades, cleaning and maintenance is a breeze.
Summary Features For Norelco Beard Trimmer 9100
- Precise Laser Guide – The laser guide projects a line directly on your face allowing you to align your trimmer before you actually starts to shave. It enable you to create the perfect symmetrical and straight lines each and every time. You do not have to worry about the light emits from the trimmer as the laser is class 1. This means that it is completely safe for the eyes.
- Corded or Cordless – You can get the results that you want with the 17 length settings that are between 1/64 to 9/32 inches. After you have selected a length, the LED display makes it very easy for you to reference. You can also use this model corded or cordless. If you are using it cordless, a hour of charging provides you a full hour of used.
- Easy Cleaning – This unit is easy to clean and maintain, simply just rinse it under the faucet. There is also a pouch included for portability and storage.
- High-Performance Chromium Steel Blades – The self-sharpening blades require no oiling or maintenance. It is made of ground chromium steel for efficient and neat cutting.
- Comfortable – Due to the blades’ rounded tips and combs which prevents skin irritation, you will have a more comfortable trimming every time.
First thing first, this model #BT9285/41 is cool just for the laser guide feature itself. Of course, not only that, this product works well as well. If you are very concerned about your stubble or beard, fear not, with the 17 length settings, you are sure going to find one that you like best. Buyers also like about the number of cordless shaves with only 1 hour of charge. Great for using it for your neck and sideburns as well, will not pull or tug your face/neck.
A useful feature can become an useless one for another people, this solely depends on how you look at it. Yes, I am talking about the laser guide feature if you guess it. Some customers like the feature and some think it is completely useless. Another thing that most unhappy buyers mentioned is that it does not seems to work very well for thicker and longer beard.
3.9 out of 5 stars at the time of writing this article
Even though this model does have some fantastic features and work just as advertised, I would advised not to buy this model if you are actually using it for longer or thicker beard. However, this does makes a good one for shorter hair.
Philips Norelco Beard trimmer Series 7200 (Model #BT7215/49)
Another model that I suggest you take a look is this Series 7200 Model #BT7215/49. For this unit, there is an integrated vacuum system that has the ability to capture up to 90% of the cut hair for lesser mess. The high velocity fan and motor system creates a powerful suction to allow it. Like most other, there is the self sharpening steel blades that is designed to cut each hair effectively and efficiently while preventing skin irritation at the same time. It also enable you to cut more hair for each pass to achieve faster trimming.
Comes with 20 length settings, you can find your ideal trim length simply by just turning the zoom wheel until the length that you are looking for. Just as the same as the above model, it can be used cordless or while charging. For cordless use, the advanced lithium ion battery allows you to have 80 minutes of use with an hour or charging.
Summary Features for Norelco Beard Trimmer Series 7200
- Vacuum System – Able to capture up to 90% of cut hair.
- Self-Sharpening Steel Blades – Blades are designed cut hair efficiently and protect your skin at the same time from irritation. Additionally, they are double sharpened which means you can have faster trimmer as they cut more hair with each pass.
- Corded and Cordless Use – Use while charging or if use cordless, enjoy up to 80 minutes with 1 hour charging time.
- 20 Precision Length Settings – Conveniently select your preferred length to get the results you wanted.
- Easy to Clean – After using, simply just rinse the comb and blades under running water, empty the hair chamber and brush away loose hair. Long lasting performance.
As of writing, this product currently has an average rating of 3.8 out of 5 from over 800+ customer reviews. Let’s take a look at the advantages then.
It has an nice design and it is also very easy to change the length setting. Not only that, while trimming, rest assured that you will not accidentally change the setting (unlike some other clippers). Trimmer is light and quiet as well when comparing to smaller units.
Let’s take a look at the disadvantages now since not products out there are ever perfect. Some of the customers said that you will need to apply a little pressure to be able to trim well which might make your skin sore. You do need to take note that you will need to remove the trimmer head to empty the hair chamber.
3.8 out of 5
With about 75% of happy customers, you will not go wrong with this model except that the cleaning process may be a little troublesome for some of you.
Click here to check out this Philips Norelco Beard trimmer Series 7200 (Model #BT7215/49) from Amazon
Philips Norelco BeardTrimmer 7300
I have already done up a full thorough review for this 7300 previously, you can take a look here.
Philips Norelco Beard trimmer Series 3500 (Model #QT4018/49)
This Series 3500 (Model #QT4018/49) also comes with 20 length settings with 1 single comb to style your stubble and beard without hassle. Besides that, the secured length setting ensure even trim every time. It can also prevents your skin from irritation because of its self-sharpening titanium blades and can cut each hair effectively as well. You know that it is always ready for you as those blades stay extra sharp.
Summary Features for Philips Norelco Beard trimmer Series 3500
- Built-In 20 Precision Length Settings – Adjust to the ideal length to get the result that you want.
- Ergonomic Design – The design makes it easy for you to hold and use. It also has the ability to help you trim those harder to reach areas.
- Self-Sharpening Titanium Steel Blades – Cut each hair effectively and comfortably without irritating your skin.
- Cordless Use – 120 minutes of use with 1 hour of charging time
- Clean and Maintain – Simply just take out the head and rinse it under water for easy cleaning. Do remember to dry it first before putting it back.
Price is one of the main factor here for this unit. Given the quality that it has, it is considered quite cheap. Just as the same as above trimmers, you can have the job done without irritating your skin because of its blades. You can get some quick trimming done with no hassle and no tugging.
There is no indication when your battery is running low, if you can’t turn it on when in a hurry, that would not seems too ideal. The unit also seems to die fast on some of the customers. What I would suggest you to do if you decided to get this, make sure you check and test it thoroughly when it arrived from Amazon.
4.2 out of 5
If you just want to get the job done without spending much on a beard trimmer, this may be the option for you.
I have come to the end of the article on selecting the best Norelco Beard Trimmer and hope you like it. Feel free to share this with anyone you think will be helpful to them, see you!